November 22, 2009

My Open Water Dive






So, after a month of lectures and two pool sessions I finally did my first two open water dives at Bass Lake this weekend. Sias has been diving for years and I finally agreed to go down with him.
Thailand snorkeling practically convinced me that I have to give it a go!!
The dives didnt go too bad as we still had plenty of skills to do down at the bottom such as taking your mask off under water and putting it back on, removing regulater, clearing mask etc. This all to qualify as a open water diver so I can dive to a depth of 18m...
We went down to 10 meters today .Next week we are going to Umkomaas to Aliwal Shaol for the see dives. Apparantly one of the top ten dive sites in the world and almost guarenteed to see Rekkies (sharks) and plenty recked ships.
Watch this space for beter pics and updates.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...snorkling in Mexico with Dan made me want to try scuba diving. Unfortunately I'm too much of a chicken (I can't stand deep water it freaks me out...who knows why? I grew-up with a pool and swimming in the sea;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun. We are going to Hawaii tomorrow for eight days and we are definately snorkling, I doubt that it will encourage me to do the deep stuff. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design of the blog is really eye-catching. More over the content is also very productive. Information you have provided is really very beneficial.

    Golf Tour in Ireland West
    Golf weekend Ireland
    Golf vacations in England

    ReplyDelete