August 16, 2009

Zebula Game Reserve


We were so luck to have Vodacom take us to a five star game lodge this weekend. We had the best time from the fantastic food to the great service and I even had a hour stress relief massage which was to die for!!

You can see Amber looking at the snakes, meerkat and birds. She really enjoyed all the animals and even touched the huge snake!!! She is much braver than her mommy....

Here you can see Sias holding the lion cub. You should see how they stalk Amber because she is smaller than them. So I didnt have her hold them but she did get a chance to rub his back and his face. She loves lions and always ROARS when she sees them.

Here are some random snaps of Amber playing with Mignon, who is three months younger than her. Amber is already 19 months old, and she counts all the way from one to ten on her own. She communicates so well now and I understand her most the time. Her vocabulary is so big already I am amazed at all the things she can say! Sure makes life easier if she can tell me things!
We had such a lovely weekend and it sucks to have to go back to reality tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. She's getting so big. Enjoy it because pretty soon you'll be sending her off to school. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I would love to take Eric and Kamryn to a game reserve in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAA that looks so relaxing! I just showed Dan our South African Winter and now he understands why the freezing snow here gets old!
    Amber is growing so fast, she is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a relaxing place to be. Amber is so cute and growing so fast. Glad that you all enjoyed yourselves so much, you guys always seem so busy. The wedding is just around the corner now...... Lots of love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber is so cute and very brave. Cant believe she touched a snake. That is so cool. Seems like all of you had a fabulous time. I saw your invite. I love it. I really liked your color and I thought the afrikaans and english was a good idea. I wish I could come. I am so excited for you. Give Amber Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss the relaxing game reserves in South Africa. Amber's hair is becoming so light (just like her mommy when she was a little girl).

    ReplyDelete