August 05, 2009

Wedding Legends

According to an old legend, the month in which you marry may have some bearing on the fate of the marriage:
"Married when the year is new, he'll be loving, kind and true;
When February birds do mate, you wed nor dread your fate;
If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you'll know;
Marry in April when you can, joy for Maiden and for Man;
Marry in the month of May, and you'll surely rue the day;
Marry when June roses grow, over land and sea you will go;
Those who in July do wed, must labor for their daily bred;
Whoever wed in August be, many a change is sure to see;
Marry in September's shrine, your living will be rich and fine;
If in October you do marry, love will come but riches tarry;
If you wed in bleak November, only joys will come, remember;
When December snows fall fast, marry and true love will last

5 comments:

  1. Eish, if only this was true, but then again they say May is one of the busiest months for weddings, that is here in Durban, and look at the divorce rate. You did good by getting married in September then, but gosh Joy is good for me and I have plenty of it, but a bit of riches are also welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this legend were true then I would surely have married in June not March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that legend. It is quirky and fun. Made me grateful that I did not get married in July, even though it could not be true, one must be safe. Ha HA. Oh and I really like your place settings. I have never seen that done like that and I really like it. Good idea. You must be so excited. I cant wait to see pictures. I really wish that I could come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing I married in September. It's a great month to get married, but now I just need the riches to fall into place :). Good luck with your wedding, it sounds like it's going to be the perfect wedding. We wish we could be there to celebrate your day with you. I'm really excited for you, you're going to love being married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might be true but honestly I think there is joy and sorrow in every journey esp. marriage. It's all what we focus on;)

    ReplyDelete